New Library Project
20/20 Vision: The Future of Shelburne’s Library Center
Pierson Library Plans:
View a 3D Fly-Through of the proposed design concept for the Pierson Library. Click Here
Check out the UPDATED plan for the Library’s future (unveiled 12/8/16)! Click Here
Email feedback to: Click Here to View Email or call Library Director Lara Keenan at (802) 985-5124. Thank you!
Library Tribute Video Completed!
As we enter 2017, our hearts overflow with gratitude for the love shared by the Shelburne community for the Pierson Library. We are excited to share with you the final video made by all of you that shows how important the Pierson Library is to our community. Click this link to see the video.
- Keep your eyes on your mailbox! The Steering Committee will be mailing a town-wide survey to all Shelburne registered voters during March. This survey will ask you to consider public financing for the Library Center Project. Return your completed survey by March 27th, and you will be eligible for a drawing for one of three $100 cash cards!
- VIA presented NEW designs to the Library Building Steering Committee on 12/8/16 based on feedback from the community and Library staff. Steering Committee will present the updated design to the Selectboard on December 13th.
- See details about the Pierson Library’s current services and future dreams: Click Here (Presentation given at Wake Robin on 10/13/16)
- Vermont Integrated Architecture (VIA) and the Library Building Steering Committee hosted a charrette at Shelburne Vineyards on 9/20/16.
- Click here to see the three conceptual site plans
- Click here to see the three conceptual floor plans
- Click here to see a summary of public comments shared at the 9/20/16 charrette
- Vermont Integrated Architecture (VIA) presented their preliminary project findings to the Selectboard on August 9th.
- After an extensive interview process, the Steering Committee recommended to the Selectboard at the Selectboard’s July 12th, 2016 meeting that the Town contract with Vermont Integrated Architecture (VIA) from Middlebury, VT, for architectural services to move the Project forward based on the new building site and building concept (as presented on March 10, 2015). The Selectboard awarded the contract to VIA. Website for VIA.
- On April 11, 2016, the Library Building Steering Committee posted an RFQ for Architectural/Engineering/Construction Management/Project Management Services. Responses are due May 12, 2016.
- On September 1st, 2015, the Steering Committee hired local resident Meagan Downey as a Professional Fundraising Consultant.
- The Steering Committee presented a project update to the Shelburne Selectboard on March 10, 2015.
Are you interested in donating to the New Library/Town Hall building project? If so, please make checks payable to “Town of Shelburne – Future Library and Town Center Fund” and mail to the Pierson Library, 5376 Shelburne Road, Shelburne, VT, 05482 – or feel free to drop off your check at the Library. Donations are tax deductible – and deeply appreciated!
Your Help Needed!
The Library Building Steering Committee would like your ideas, input, feedback, and assistance as we move forward on the Library’s future. Please contact Library Director Lara Keenan if you are willing to help – and thank you!or call 802-985-5124.
- Next steps for the Pierson Library project – Shelburne News 1/25/2017
- Library Options Unveiled to Historic Preservation & Design Review Commission - 11/16/16
- Shelburne Library, A Vision Takes Shape – Burlington Free Press 11/11/16
- Conceptual Designs for New Library Unveiled – Shelburne News 9/28/16
- Envisioning a new library – Shelburne News 7/28/2016
- Envisioning a new library/community center – Burlington Free Press 7/27/2016
- Pierson Library’s Steering Committee Works on New Building Plans – Shelburne News, 8/20/15
- Plan Advances for $4.3M Shelburne Library – Burlington Free Press, 3/2/15
- Pierson Library Steering Committee Meets with Architects to Discuss Library Plans – Shelburne News, 12/23/14
- What Does the Future Hold for the Pierson Library – Shelburne News, 9/11/14
- Library Plan Comes Off the Shelf in Shelburne – Burlington Free Press, 8/16/14
Steering Committee Members:
- Lara Keenan, Library Director
- Joe Colangelo, Town Manager
- Cathy Townsend, Library Trustee
- Colleen Parker, Selectboard Member
- Ann Smallwood
- Alice Winn
Steering Committee Mission Statement: To formulate and implement a comprehensive plan to solve the space and maintenance issues of the Pierson Library, subject to approval of that plan by the Board of Library Trustees and the Shelburne Selectboard. The plan will be thoroughly evaluated to meet the joint needs of the Library (as represented by the Library Director and the Board of Trustees) and the needs and requirements of the Municipality (as represented by the Town Manager and the Selectboard).