Friends of the Library
About The Friends:
- The Friends of the Pierson Library help the library by raising funds, volunteering, and advising.
- The Friends meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the Library Conference Room.
- You can e-mail your questions directly to the Friends of the Pierson Library. Their e-mail is:
- Join the Friends by filling out this form and mailing it/bringing it to the Library.
- The Friends of the Pierson Library by laws http://www.piersonlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Bylaws.pdf
Become a Friend of the Pierson Library
- Wish to become a member of the Friends? Fill out this form and return it to the Pierson Library.
“Chapter Two” On-Going Book Sale
The Friends of the Pierson Library have an on going book sale in the new materials area of the Pierson Library. Check it out the next time you are in the library.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the annual Fall book sale Columbus Day weekend.
Book Donation Guidelines
The Friends accept book donations year-round whenever the Library is open – except for the weeks directly before and after their Annual Book Sale (October – Mid-November). Bring your donations to the Library, and the staff will give you a donation receipt if you wish.
Donations of gently-used fiction and non-fiction books, CDs, and DVDs are welcome and appreciated!
New Donation Guidelines
- Shelburne residents only
Donations only accepted during operating hours
- 2 box per week, per person limit
Please do not donate any of the following:
- Cassette Tapes
- Computer Manuals
- Condensed Books
- Text Books
- Damp/moldy books (throw in your trash)
- Books in poor condition
- Mass-Market Books (these are the small, fat books)
The Friends of the Pierson Library don’t have the space for books with little or no resale value.
Other options for book donations are:
- Goodwill (Shelburne Rd)
- Replays (Blue Mall) Dorset St
- CSWD (SB Drop-off Center) Patchen Rd
- Crow Bookstore (Church St, Burlington)