Using the Children’s Room:
- Our library is a shared space for all ages
- It’s important to be mindful of those around you. Please engage in appropriate topics of conversation, and be aware of the language you’re using during your visit.
- Respect personal space
- Hitting, kicking, and other aggressive behavior are not allowed in our library.
- Remember to show kindness
- Please refrain from talking negatively about your peers, and expect the same behavior from others.
- Make suggestions. If you’ve read something wonderful and see that we don’t own it, or have a great idea for a program, we’d like to hear about it. We value your ideas.
- Remember you’re indoors. No need to shout to be heard. If a friend is outside hearing range, walk to where they are rather than raising your voice.
- You’re responsible for your personal belongings. Backpacks, laptops, instruments, and other personal belongings should not be left unattended in the library. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Leave a clean space
- If you bring snacks or drinks to enjoy outside, it remains your responsibility to see that all bottles and packaging make it into the trash/recycling.
- Responsible behavior is expected at the library the same way it is expected in any other public space.
- Children under eleven (11) may not be left unattended in the building, and will be considered unattended unless they are accompanied by a responsible parent, guardian or a caretaker who is fourteen (14) years old or older and can appropriately monitor behavior.